Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So, we shop for the best breakfast cereal at the local health food store because we know that most top selling cereal brands on the supermarket shelves are loaded with sugar. We know how to eat healthier and live longer – we use only low fat milk in our breakfast cereal. Afterward, we feel nourished and ready for our challenging work day. What’s wrong with this picture?
- We feel nourished only because the breakfast cereal industry told us so!
- ALL packaged dry breakfast cereals are produced by a process called extrusion
- The extrusion process destroys most nutrients in the grains, even the added vitamins!
- The amino acid lysine, a crucial nutrient, is especially denatured by extrusion and rendered very toxic by this process!
- We’d eaten a healthier breakfast by throwing out the cereal and consuming the box it came in!
Can you believe this? It blew me away when I read about the following lab rat tests…