Tuesday, November 17, 2009
The Acai berry is one of the highly powerful and nutritious small sized, purple colored fruits popular worldwide today. It is a high energy berry that comes from an exclusive Amazon palm tree that is generally harvested in rain forests of Brazil.
Acai Berry Juice Pulp
The Acai berry is a fruit that actually has a very short post harvesting period. Because of that, Acai is accessible only as the juice fruit pulp, which is further used in various juice blends, smoothies, sodas and numerous other beverages. The juice of Acai berry is known to be extremely rich in proteins and also known to have calories equivalent to those in egg. This juice includes Vitamin B3, known by the name Niacin. It plays a major role in the production of the cellular energy by giving assistance in the transfer of electrons during oxidation and due to which the consumer have more energy and reduced fatigue. And it constitutes several ingredients such as fatty acid, amino acids as well as anti oxidants other than fibers, iron and various vitamins.
The healthy properties and high energy level in the juice of Acai berry often remain active for about 24-48 hours and assist in having more energy and reducing fatigue. Acai berry juice pulp boasts a high concentration of anti-oxidants, approximately ten times much more than red grapes and approximately thirty times more than the anthocyanins in red wine. It has a synergy of the dietary fiber, phytosterols and monounsaturated fats, which promote cardiovascular health along with digestive health. The juice also incorporates amino acid complex with the trace minerals, which induce muscle regeneration and contraction. Ultimately all the benefits of Acai Berry juices help people to have more energy.
The much desired acai fruit is only 10% of the actual berry. The other 90% is made up of the seed or pit. The acai berry is harvested by the thousands and put through a process that separates the pulp from the seed to produce a thick, edible puree.
America Discovers the Acai Berry
Although the acai berry is legendary in Brazil, only recently has its popularity spread to America. Doctors, scientists, nutritionists and countless media outlets rave about its many nutritional qualities and health benefits
This recent surge of interest in the acai berry has been aided by Bestselling author and anti-aging expert Dr. Nicholas Perricone who has touted the berry as the “Number one super food in the world” in his book “The Perricone Promise” and in appearances on TV shows such as Oprah.
Calling the acai berry “the number one super food in the world” might sound like a stretch, but this view is not unfounded. The little berry is packed with an amazing amount of free-radical fighting antioxidants and is considered to have the best overall nutritional value of any fruit on earth.
Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) is a method used by the USDA of measuring antioxidant capacities of different foods. As you can see below, other popular fruits don’t even come close to the antioxidant power of the acai berry.
All this talk about antioxidants and nutritional value, what does it mean exactly? In simple terms, the acai berry can help:
Support the immune system
Aid in weight loss
Reduce pain and soreness
Promote healthy sleep
Increase energy & stamina
Fight cancer & disease
Lower blood pressure
Fight aging & inflammation
Protect against heart disease
Promote glowing, healthy hair and skin
Help rejuvenate your body, spirit and mind
Several other advantages of Acai berry juice include stabilizing the blood sugar as well as controlling diabetes, and gaining a quicker recovery from any sort of injury and sharper vision among the major related health issues. In addition, the juice pulp of Acai Berry also assists in getting rid of the problem of depression and eradicating infectious toxins from the body. The juice pulp of Acai Berry also helps in putting off the extra weight from all the parts of the body, thereby acting as an effective fat burner. The pulp juice of the Acai berry certainly has more energy, nonetheless, it also has fatty acid content equivalent to that of olive oil, consequently is rich in monounsaturated oleic acid. The oleic acid assists in the penetration of cell membrane via omega 3 fish oil that further makes the cell membranes supple. The supple membranes assist in the efficient functioning of the neurotransmitters, insulin receptors and hormones.
The Acai berry’s antioxidant properties, in addition, also assist in averting the vascular and heart disease. That is why the pulp of the Acai berry is extensively used in the making of dietary supplements and various other products. Discover the amazing benefits of Acai Juice, but don’t be fooled - only drink 100% Acai Juice imported from Brazil.
For more reading visit http://www.acaiberry.org/
Posted by Rene´s Bare Essentials at 10:54 AM